Hey everyone, thanks for the continued love and support it means more than you all know. Starting next week I will be posting on Thursday afternoons. I have some projects in the works that required I change my posting schedule a little bit.
Also, if you enjoy what you've been reading so far, I'd love to hear from you and hear what you think.
That said, Today's topic:
Purpose (n) - A person's sense of resolve or determination.
I try to surround myself with people who are always moving forward as this is something I am accustomed to. One of the people that I look up to in this regard is my brother Ian. Despite the situation presented he stays focused on whatever the goal he has set for himself. One day during one of our random conversations he says to me, "Josh get let's go for a drive." With some hesitation, I decide to ride along. In the car he just starts talking as if he knew I needed to hear some motivational speech that day or something. He said, "Though times get hard, it is our pupose that helps us to push through."
This resinated with me for more reasons than one. Firstly, I am a fairly private person, so the fact that he knew I needed to hear that speaks volumes to our friendship.
Secondly, and most importantly, it is our purpose that gives us our motivation to take one more step.
In my experience sometimes that is easier said than done. There are times where it looks like the next step is absolutely impossible and there is no hope that you'll make it. Though it is easy to sit down and do nothing that doesnt make accomplishing the goal any easier.
The question becomes...
How can I continue going when the obstacles seem insurmountable?
Unfortunately, there is no clear and concise answer for this. Believe me, Ive searched lol.
However, one of the values my parents instilled in me is this sense of "no matter what." Meaning no matter what I have to go through to accomplish my goal, I am both willing and able to get through it. Some say it's crazy, but I think it's rather useful.
I am not trying to convince anyone that this is the solution to that sense of wanting to quit. On the contrary, it's hard for me sometimes as well. But, "your attitude determines your altitude." So chasing your purpose does come with it's opposition however, your attitude towards that opposition is what will determine the how you progress.
Lastly, these things take time. I turned 24 years young this year. One of the things I am working on is being overly critical of myself. No matter what, I'm never satisfied with my performance. I just think I can always do a little bit more. So, when things don't work out the way I inteded I tend to get a little upset. Not cause it did not work but becasue I did not do enough to make it work. I think this is like good and bad but i think it becomes problmeatic becasue I don't often know where to find the brake pedal so I end up burning myself out. (I'm working on it) But, the point that I am making is this, no matter how big or small our purpose takes time to manifest itself in our lives.
As an example, let us take the sun.
Yes, the sun.
Needless to say our sun is quite unique in terms of the rest of the known universe. For instance, did you know that our solar system is rare in that we have one central star that we orbit. Most others have two or more typically.

The purpose of the sun essentially is to provide much needed light, warmth (sometimes too much) and act as a stabilizing point for the other planets to orbit. Earth is approximately, 92 million miles away from the sun. Though we don't think about it this process takes time. It takes about eight minutes to be exact. So, if the biggest object in our solar system takes 8 minutes to do its job. We can exercise some patience in regards to our purpose.
I'm not saying it's easy by any means. However, it is possible. I think, maintaining that level of patience along with the relentless drive to do what you set out to do is the key to accomplishing any goal no matter the size.
Thank you again for the read.
Please leave a comment and share with everyone :)
Also everyone have a Happy Easter!
Just remeber, Exist. Inspire. Repeat.

Comments
Post a Comment